Univerge Blue SIP Trunking
Univerge Blue® SIP Trunking is a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and streaming media service by which NEC delivers telephone and unified communications features.
- An efficient, flexible and low-cost alternative to traditional telephone lines and gateways.
- Delivered over an inexpensive broadband connection.
- Centralizes control of communications network.
- Voice and data are combined on a single line to optimize bandwidth and improve quality of service.
Businesses are able to eliminate costly hard-wired Public Switch Telephone Network (PSTN) trunk connections and gateway.
- Quickly add new digital lines to meet business needs.
- Yields significant cost savings as compared to traditional PSTN lines.
- Offers a quick return on investment.
- Integrates traditional phone services with cloud-based features.
- Sends caller ID information for the provisioned main number registered with local Public Safety Answering. Point (PSAP) for 911 calls.
A simple, yet comprehensive test provides the current capacity of a business’s existing broadband circuit. In some cases, additional bandwidth may be required to maintain superior call quality and support new unified communications features.
- Each SIP Trunk (or ‘call path’) can support one phone call.
- The number of SIP Trunks a business requires is determined by the maximum number of concurrent external phone calls that will occur per location.
Key Advantages of Univerge Blue® SIP Trunking
- Allows a business to implement just what is required to avoid over provisioning so the number of channels can be rapidly expanded or reduced based on demand.
- Access to a customer portal to manage trunks from anywhere with Internet access and set rules to reroute calls in certain instances to help ensure no calls are missed.
- Offers a level of scalability and flexibility to quickly adjust to traffic requirements.
- Provides unlimited local and continental long distance, reducing concern about overage charges.
- Least-cost routing allows a company to choose the path of outbound communications by price, enabling the routing of international calls through the cheapest service providers to save money.
- Helps to ensure quicker handling and response to 911 calls through the ability to send caller ID information for the provisioned main number registered with the local PSAP.